Crowdfunding. It’s very sexy right now and if you’re like many people, you may not know how to decide if crowdfunding is the right approach for your business. You might see crowdfunding only as a fundraising tool. Did you know it’s also a PR and marketing tactic to help raise awareness for products, services and causes? Yes, that’s right. You can raise awareness and raise funds at the same time…but only if your campaign is successful.
So now that I’ve piqued your interest, you need the knowledge to make it happen. Perhaps you aren’t aware of the distinction between the various platforms available, how to choose the right one and many of the nuances that could make or break your campaign. Let’s start with three key things you need to know before getting started with crowdfunding.
Three things you need to know before taking the crowdfunding plunge
- Successful crowdfunding doesn’t happen overnight. It takes a village and a whole lot of elbow grease to run a successfully funded campaign, whether you choose Kickstarter, Indiegogo or one of the many other crowdfunding platforms.
- As a founder, you must be prepared to give it your all and take an active role 24/7 during the campaign and three-to-six months before you launch – regardless of the size of your team – and yes, you should have a team in place to help.
- Each crowdfunding platform has a unique culture, its own rules and idiosyncrasies, be sure you do your research before choosing the one that’s right for you. For example, Kickstarter only allows access to funds raised and contact information for your backers if you reach your funding goal.
I’ve just scratched the surface here, but let me tell you that after working on a successful Kickstarter campaign and consulting with several founders or investors about their crowdfunding campaigns, I’ve learned a ton of information to help you become more successful… and I’m giving away much of it in my upcoming FREE Webinar. In the series of three webinars, you will discover…
- Why you need to pay attention to crowdfunding, how it works, and the unexpected opportunities it brings to almost every niche—from small businesses, to artists, authors, screenwriters, educators and more.
- A recipe for success based on proven results from other campaigns, with ideas and concepts you can use for your own campaign + learn the common mistakes that prevent many campaigns from being funded.
- What your future could look like after a successfully funded crowdfunding campaign, with testimonials and commentary from people just like you who’ve been through it and are now reaping the rewards for their business.
This webinar series is coming up on October 5, 6 and 7, 2016. Get on the list now!
The A to Z Blueprint For Planning, Building and Launching a CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN That Will Flood Your Project With Fans and Backers