Digital Marketing Coordinator
About the Company
Spodek & Co. helps organizations including startups, agencies, top-tier brands, and other businesses to navigate the evolving world of relationship building through digital and social media.
Our team brings a breadth of expertise across many disciplines, which is then applied to each client and customized for their specific needs. Team members are involved in various facets of marketing and communications work for our clients—from audit and strategy to planning and execution. Our flat organizational structure means that nothing is too junior for even our senior-level team members. We make flexibility and collaboration a priority, and we scale up or down as quickly as needed to meet the needs of our clients.
- Founded in 2010
- Woman-owned and -operated
- Diversity & inclusion
- Integrity & transparency
- Creativity & passion
- Commitment to learning
- Empathy & respect
- Client value & commitment to customers
- Areas of specialization:
- Integrated marketing & communication strategy
- Content strategy & creation
- Relationship building, social media & community management
- Website design & development
- Teaching, training & coaching
- Affiliations with University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies, Humber College Faculty of Media & Creative Arts, Fuel the Vision
- Agency partnership with select complementary service agencies across North America
- Ensuring a positive experience for our clients
- Becoming a key face of the agency, providing high-quality and responsive service, thoroughness, and respect
- Managing social media for clients and Spodek & Co. (account publishing, community management, customer service and/or engagement, monitoring, and growth), requiring knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and LinkedIn
- Content creation, including graphics in Canva and writing
- Account coordination: client deliverables are completed on time and/or ahead of schedule, receiving and delegating client requests, sending client deliverables for review, client follow-ups
- Assisting with ad-hoc tasks to support workflow
- Assisting with any referrals received through vetting potential client inquiries, qualifying the potential client, scheduling discovery meetings, converting the potential client, drafting and sending out proposals (and other necessary documentation), and appropriate follow-up
- Onboarding new clients, sending out/collecting/updating questionnaires and assets, adding materials to client folders on shared team drive, and notifying team members
- Onboarding new employees and ensuring standing operating procedures manual (SOP) is current
- Responsible for day-to-day project coordination from Monday to Friday during regular business hours (or alternate schedule as agreed to by the leadership)
- Reports into the Founder & CEO
- 1-2 years of customer service-related experience; administrative or operations experience a bonus!
- Motivated by structure and organization
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently, as we’re a fully remote workplace
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize tasks
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Flexibility to assist with special projects as assigned
- High level of service aptitude
- Hardworking, driven, curious, and empathetic — people are our business!
- Motivated by impact and disruption (the only thing that’s predictable is change!)
- Software knowledge: Slack, Google Workplace (formerly Google Drive), Canva, WordPress, Mailchimp, Shopify, Klavio, Wix, ClickUp, Zoom, Calendly, Excel/Google Sheets
What’s in It for You
- Competitive compensation
- Access to empowering leadership and best-practice training
- Benefits from day 1: Your health is important to us and we want you to take care of yourself
- Flexible vacation time: Work hard, rest when you need it!
- Optional 4-day workweek
- Great supportive team
About the Leadership
Eden Spodek is an award-winning integrated communications strategist with more than 25 years of experience on the client and agency side, including FleishmanHillard HighRoad (FHR) and Hill + Knowlton Strategies (formerly Hill and Knowlton Canada). Her work extends across several industries. In 2010, Eden launched her own digital consultancy practice and is also a high-profile blogger, podcaster, and community leader.
Eden co-developed the Digital Strategy and Communications Management certificate program at University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies, where she was voted one of the Top 100 Business and Professional Studies instructors
(honorable mention). Eden is a member of the Program Advisory Council for Humber College Faculty of Media & Creative Arts. She’s an active participant in the Canadian digital community and volunteered as lead co-organizer of PodCamp Toronto for five years with a focus on community partnerships. In 2017, Eden became a Founding Partner of and active contributor to The Big Push, an equity-for-service, all-female-led business accelerator. A sought-after speaker, Eden is frequently invited to join panel discussions and speak at a variety of workshops and conferences including the Ontario Government, the Canadian Public Relations Society, mesh conference, and Social Capital Conference.