Did you know one of the reasons most crowdfunding campaigns fail is due to poor planning or no planning at all?
There is a misconception that a few pieces of content, some social posts, a few emails and a page on a crowdfunding platform, such as Kickstarter, Indiegogo and GoFundMe, will be enough for the backers to start rolling in.
If you like wasting time, money and effort, then by all means, give that “strategy” a try.
But here’s what I’ve learned from my crowdfunding experience: spraying a bunch of tactics everywhere and praying they will work is a recipe for failure.
There’s a ton of work to do in advance and that includes starting with a plan that clearly defines your product, service or cause and identifies the problem it solves for others. And you’ve gotta brush up on those research skills first and really dive into the head of your customer so you can hit them exactly where they are searching. That is the secret sauce of the start of a great crowdfunding campaign.
From there, you can confidently shape a strategy to determine:
- Why crowdfunding makes sense for your product, service or cause
- Your goal + the rewards your customers will want (including stretch goals and rewards)
- How you will grow a list of supporters before, during and after launch
- Who you will target
- What channels you’ll focus on
- The type of content required
- The frequency of communication
- The tone and message your audience will respond to
- What happens once the campaign is over
And guess what? I’m here to help and we’re starting now!
I’m OBSESSED with your success so I’ve created a crowdfunding guide that you can sink your teeth into now.
The guide will take you from plan to launch, with no step missed, answering all your burning questions.
Grab this free guide here. It’s 24 pages of essential crowdfunding tips that you need to know before launching your campaign.
Have any questions? Just leave a comment and I’ll be happy to provide some help.